this post contains affiliate links
I couldn’t even tell you how many times we had to run to Buy Buy Baby or Target to get baby items for my son in the first few months of his life. It was one thing or another constantly. We wasted so much money on all of the things everyone told us we would need. I have told every mom I know, including in a million facebook groups this list of things that saved our sanity! It’s hard getting to know your new baby’s needs so I hope this list helps you out as well! If you’re reading this and currently expecting, the best of luck to you. Motherhood is the best gift I have ever received and you are on your way to your best adventure. Keep an eye out for any local consignment sales, there are a ton around me and I purchased so much stuff for my son at them for half the cost.
Here are some of the things Amazon sells best—> shop here
1. Of course, diapers and wipes; lots and lots of them!! When we had our baby shower we had a game that everyone who brought diapers was entered in a raffle to win a giftcard! The amount of diapers we received was AMAZING! We used Pamper’s Aqua Pure Sensitive Water wipes. Also we used Hello Bello Diapers or Pampers brand.
2. GRIPE WATER! This was our number one savour. My son was exclusively breastfed, no matter what I cut out of my diet I couldn’t figure out what was upsetting his stomach. We used gripe water often and I am so thankful I found out about it we used Mommy’s Bliss the most often and after trying others we just went straight back. They have a daytime and nighttime version, we always had both on hand.
3. Miracle Blanket Swaddle Wrap. Another daily baby-item in our household up until my son was about 6-7 months old. When we were at the hospital some of the nurses taught my fiance to swaddle my son, it helped us out so much. But the blankets were getting pretty annoying and my son could easily get himself out of them even when he was only a few days old. By the second or third week we had him home with us he was sleeping so miserably even with dream feeding and all the things I read about doing. Up until I read about the Miracle Blanket my son wasn’t sleeping well at all. I had my mom go run to Buy Buy Baby to purchase him the swaddle as soon as I heard about it. The first night he slept wonderfully, same with every night following! I actually had to wake him up to feed him! It’s a bit tricky to use at first but once watching a few youtube videos we got it down. My favorite part about this swaddle is how cute he looked stretching every morning when we took it off.
4. The Kiinde Twist Pouch Breast Milk Storage Bag Breastfeeding System Starter Kit.
This kit was amazing for us! I loved how easy it was to pump with my Medela, then easily store it in the fridge and when my son was ready we just would use the bottle holder. So you never lost a single drop of that liquid gold after pouring it from a different pumping bag to a bottle. SERIOUSLY! If your baby is super specific about which bottle they take I still highly recommend the storage bags, they were easily storable and never spilled, they were the best ones I had tried!
5. A baby carrier! I used my Tula Free to Grow carrier every single day almost all day long. When we would be at home and I had to clean, cook, do yard work, whatever it was I was baby wearing. It was so nice to be able to breastfeed him in this carrier also. When we would go to the grocery or any kind of shopping I would baby-wear him. It was nice not having to deal with a stroller or lug around a carseat AND again, I was able to nurse him in public without anyone even knowing! I tried other carriers including the Ergo Baby, the Lillebaby, and a few others but none of them were as comfortable as my Tula. Obviously I noticed he was attached to me but I was never sore or anything afterwards. I still use my tula occasionally and my son is 2.5 years old. Its especially nice now that Coronavirus is a thing.
6. Hatch Baby Rest Sound Machine. Your baby has been inside of your belly for 9 months with all sorts of different noises surrounding him/her. They aren’t exactly sure how to sleep in the complete quiet yet. This was awesome because it connects to an app on your phone. So if your baby fell asleep on you and you don’t want to deal with pressing a button you can grab your phone and turn it on via bluetooth, you can also pick through all the different sounds, choose the volume, or even turn on a nightlight with the color of your choice.
7. Zip up footie Pjs!! We always had my son in footie pajamas. I hated the button ones but loved the zip ups. It was easy to put him in and take him out of for diaper changes and always kept him warm and snuggly. You can never have enough. Plus side is they look SOOO freakin cute in them.
I hope you enjoyed reading and got some good tips. If you have other must-have baby items list them below! Thankyou!