Hey everyone! I’m going to start trying my best to change out our sensory bins weekly to help you get more ideas for yours! We bought the Flisat Table from Ikea this winter because we normally did our main sensory play and painting outside but that wasn’t really an option anymore. It was super cheap I think I spent about 60 all together including all different sized bins. I highly recommend it because it’s so easy to clean and it has so many different uses including a kids’ table to eat at!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase using these links.
I’m so thankful for my time to rest and be alone for a bit while Carter is at school for 2.5 hours 2 days a week. It was getting hard with him being a wild little toddler running around to keep up with my chores and such. It’s been great for me and him! Still somehow I manage to only spend the time cleaning up or doing something special to surprise him with. I guess I’m addicted to the #MomLifestyle. Yesterday while he was at school I decided to clean out the Valentine’s sensory table set up and come up with a new one. I’ve always wanted to try the spaghetti but thought it would be way too big of a mess. It actually wasn’t bad at all! The messiest part was my hands from spilling food coloring on them while I was making it 🤣 I also didn’t think it would last more than an hour, but I was wrong on that one also. I had to add water one time and it worked well to play with all day long and wasn’t too sticky or too slimy!
Easy Rainbow Spaghetti Sensory Play
- 2 boxes of Pasta ( I used Whole Grain Spaghetti and Fettucine )
- Food Coloring (I used NEON colors)
- MOLUK Mini Bilibos — You can purchase HERE.
- Boil water and add in noodles *If you want them to be long then don’t break them, just let the slide into the water as they boil.
- Strain noodles over the sink
- Set out bowls for each color you want the noodles dyed, take hand fulls of the noodles and put into each bowl.
- Add a dash of vinegar and a few drops of dye, mix until evenly spread through noodles if its not spreading evenly just add a bit of water and let soak after mixing and strain again.
- Arrange the noodles pretty for your kids to mess up completely in .02 seconds. : ) enjoy!